Future generations may no longer see the Nokia phone brand. Months ago, the supposed End of Nokia phone brand was still a rumor. Now, it is already confirmed; Microsoft will ditch Nokia brand name from new devices and instead will use Microsoft Lumia for its new devices in the future. This information was released on Nokia France Facebook page and was reported on various tech blogs and websites.
For review, Microsoft has acquired the mobile phone division of Nokia- the former world's number one phone brand. The acquisition was inked after the concerned parties agreed with terms and conditions on the purchase of Nokia Mobile amounting to $7.2B. Before Nokia bid us Goodbye, you might want to know the brand well. Below are some of the facts about Nokia
Quick Facts about Nokia phone brand
- Nokia is more popularly known as mobile phone brand. But actually, it is just one of the business divisions of Finnish company Nokia Inc- an Information and Communications Technology company based in Espoo, Uusimaa, in the greater Helsinki metropolitan area. The said company is involved in other business divisions such as mapping, networking and other portfolios.
- Nokia phone brand or devices is now owned by Microsoft Corp. after both parties had closed the deal on April 25, 2014. Its CEO Stephen Elop has joined Microsoft Mobile.
- Nokia was overtaken by Samsung as number one phone brand last 2012. This was after 14 years of being on the driver's seat.
- Nokia has first overtaken Motorola to become the king of mobile phone in 1999.
- Nokia 1100 and Nokia 1110 are among the most sold ever mobile devices up to these days. The said units of Nokia sold over 250M.
- Nokia was the first major phone manufacturer to use Windows Mobile as operating system.
- Prior the release of Nokia smartphone powered by Windows Mobile as OS, Nokia had used the popular Symbian OS for its own line up of smartphone.
- Nokia Lumia and Nokia Asha smartphones are among the latest mobile devices from Nokia prior acquisition of Microsoft.
- The latest handsets from Nokia these days include the following: Lumia 830; Lumia 735; Lumia 730 Dual SIM; Lumia 530; Asha 230; Asha 230 Dual SIM; Asha 500; Asha 502 Dual SIM; Asha 503 Dual SIM; Asha 500 Dual SIM; Asha 503; Asha 501 Dual SIM; Asha 210 Dual SIM; Asha 210; Asha 310; Asha 311; Asha 308; Asha 306; Asha 305; and Asha 302. Nokia has also released smartphones capable of having access to Android apps. These are the following: Nokia X2 Dual SIM; Nokia X Dual SIM; Nokia XL Dual SIM; and Nokia X+ Dual SIM.
Did I miss important details about Nokia phone brand? Please share your comments about this topic.